8 yachts in the Audi Centre Sydney Blue Water Pointscore have now crossed the Derwent river finish line with Smuggler to finish next and another another 4 boats having passed Tasman Island and now being in Storm Bay with less than 40 nautical miles to go. If you're in Hobart, the Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race - Hobart Village is the place to be to welcome in the weary crews, and join the celebrations!
- Ichi Ban finished last night in light breezes in the Derwent River, and is currently leading the IRC handicap category.
- The Bureau of Meteorology, however, has recorded a building north westerly since 0200hours this morning, with winds still increasing at time of writing - much more favourable conditions than the on-and-off 0-10 knots experienced from 2000hours last night.
- With classic 'blow home' conditions forming, and plenty of quality yachts still racing such as Grace O'Malley, SailExchange and Enterprise, the IRC overall ladder will be the one to watch today, and with it the outcome of the Blue Water Championship.
- In the ORCi handicap category, for the Cape Byron Pointscore, the same boats are again all vying for the leading position.
- In the PHS handciap category, for the Tasman Performance Pointscore, a number of boats have been swapping the leading position over the last 10 hours, including Grace O'Malley, Wax Lyrical, Pekljus, Kayimai and the fleet's smallest boat, Gun Runner.