A southerly has slowed the fleet, with the final 10 boats now, aside from Kevin Whelan's Reve, due to return by lunchtime Sunday.
The southerly came in overnight as expected as is expected to last until the middle of the day when it will swing to an east-noreaster at 10-15 knots.
The race for those who haven't finished has now become one of attrition, with Dare Devil retiring due to time constraints.
The full list of retirements at present is:
- Black Jack - retired - crew injury
- Dare Devil - Retired-crew time constraints
- Enigma - retired - crew injury
- Noahs II - retired - gear failure
- Sticky - retired - broken lifeline
- Winning Appliances - retired - gear breakage
- Yarrandi - retired - steering damage
Expected finishing times for boats, based on their speeds, has slowed from in the wee hours of Sunday until mid-to-late morning.
For all the latest on the Audi Centre Sydney Blue Water Pointscore series – and to get involved in the conversation on social media – use and follow the hashtag #AudiCentreSydneyBWPS and visit the official series website: https://bwps.cyca.com.au/. Visit the Yacht Tracker to follow them home, and stay locked on the live standings to stay up-to-date with the latest action.