2030: Five yachts have now finished including a recording-breaking Comanche, as well as Voodoo, Ichi Ban, Celestial and Gweilo, leaving 19 competitors still to finish. A tricky, squally day has set the stage for a nail-biting finish with the IRC, ORCi and PHS Divisions still very much anyone’s game.
- Five yachts finished, 21 still racing
- Ichi Ban, having come second on IRC in Race 1 of the Audi Centre Sydney Blue Water Pointscore series, and first in Race 2, is once again the current leader in IRC Division
- All but one yacht has rounded Bass Island, the southernmost turning point of the race and are underway on the final leg
- Army Sailing Club’s Gun Runner has retired due to engine problems. All onboard are safe, and they are currently at sea making for port
- Robert Frayne’s Mille Sabords has retired due to steering problems. All onboard are safe, and they are currently at sea making for port
- Current Division leaders: IRC – Ichi Ban, ORCi – Sticky, PHS - Sticky
For all the latest on the Audi Centre Sydney Blue Water Pointscore series – and to get involved in the conversation on social media – use and follow the hashtag #AudiCentreSydneyBWPS and visit the official series website: https://bwps.cyca.com.au/. Visit the Yacht Tracker to follow them home, and stay locked on the live standings to stay up-to-date with the latest action.