Get the latest from the Bird Island Race
The front-running fleet of Moneypenny and the seven TP52s rounded Bird Island between 1320 and 1330hrs with the chasing pack not too far behind. Pretty Woman and Khaleesi have now rounded the island in what is shaping up to be a very interesting tussle between those two teams.
As the southerly continues to build, the mid-fleet boats will get a healthy boost to Bird Island before rounding themselves and hunkering down for the uphill slog home.
- LINE HONOURS: After getting stuck in traffic at Sydney Heads, Sean Langman's RP 69 Moneypenny has put some legs on her smaller rivals and is currently leading the pack
- IRC HANDICAP: Rob Aldis' DK 46 Khaleesi currently holds IRC Div1, and Carl Crafoord's Cookson 12 Sail Exchange leads Div2
- ORCi HANDICAP: Richard Hudson & David Beak's IC 45 MOD Pretty Woman leads ORCi Div1, with Sail Exchange on top of Div2
- PHS HANDICAP: Pretty Woman is also currently at the top of PHS Div1 standings, with Timothy Cox's DK 43 Minerva in front for Div2
- CONDITIONS: the southerly breeze is continuing to build with 31 knots recorded at Norah Heads at 1400hrs.