Check-in as the front runners start closing in on the finish line
As we move into the afternoon all yachts have now rounded Bird Island and started to make their way back to the finish in Rushcutters Bay. With the southerly in full swing and all teams working to windward, progress has slowed throughout the fleet.
At the front of the pack, Sean Langman's Moneypenny is still holding a comfortable lead in the race for first across the line. With their current pace, it is expected that they will make it to the finish line just prior to 6pm this evening. Behind them is a cluster of TP52s locked in an intense battle with their eyes set on divisional honours.
The southerly breeze is predicted to hold into the evening before it slowly subsides in the early hours of Sunday morning. Current standings predict that the last entrant will be making their way into Sydney Harbour around midnight this evening and firming divisional placings.
- LINE HONOURS: Sean Langman's RP 69 Moneypenny has extended her lead on the chasing pack TP52s as they close in on the finish
- IRC HANDICAP: Rob Aldis' DK 46 Khaleesi currently holds IRC Div1, and David Henry's Buizen 48 Sweet Charriot IV leads Div2
- ORCi HANDICAP: Div1 has Peter Wrigley and Andy Kearnan's Koa in front, with Sweet Chariot IV on top of Div2
- PHS HANDICAP: Richard Hudson & David Beak's Pretty Woman is also currently at the top of PHS Div1 standings, with Sweet Chariot IV sitting in front for Div2
- CONDITIONS: Breeze conditions near Terrigal are reported to be southerly 18-20 knots